Monday, June 30, 2008

Prosper update

Just peeked into my Prosper account. Cash balance is approaching the $50 minimum much faster than I thought. I would probably be able to bid on a loan next month with cash that has been repaid from loans I made. This would mark my first loan made with repaid cash, initiating the compounding interest part of my Prosper plan. This is pretty exciting. I'll probably throw in another $50 after I get back from my vacation to speed things along, but with my 5 current loans, I'm getting a repayment every week or so.

Of all my little projects, this one seems to be moving the fastest. I haven't done other ambitious projects, but it's nice to see returns coming in. The loans I'm picking seem to be proving themselves. No one is defaulting, so that's good. I seem to be making good choices. Let's hope that there will continue to be good ones as I get more and more loans.

No comments: