Monday, June 16, 2008

Keep track of finances with Quicken Online

So after having my laptop die and losing access to my finances on Microsoft Money, I decided I need a more accessible financial tracking system. I googled Money online and was directed to their MSN Money site - just a bunch of financial articles. I knew Intuit provides financial tracking via Quicken, so I search for Quicken Online. Voila! I find a beautiful online site where you can track most of your financial accounts - exactly what I need. So I sign up at $2.99 a month; not a bad deal when you consider Microsoft Money is $49.99. So I pay about $36/year. I like the peace of mind that I can access my finances even if my computer is down. I also love that I can access my finances on any internet-connected computer. Love it. So I'm in the process of transferring all my info over so I can take advantage of this new service. I have most of my things on there now, even things I couldn't sync with before with Microsoft Money.

In other news, my bid for that high interest loan I wrote about wound up losing. But it was for the better. The HR (high-risk) loan wound up at below 20% - a rate I'm not comfortable with for that risky a loan. So I bid on another loan for this guy that's funding his restaurant with personal loans. It was E credit, but Prosper wouldn't allow him to put his business credentials into consideration. Prosper is pretty strict like that, but that's good when looking at other loans. So I bid a minimum rate of 20.99% and I wound up winning $50.00 of the loan at 24.89%. So I'm hoping I made a good decision again and that I just added another $0.50 or so to my monthly cash flow for the next 36 months.

My other four loans are still current, so it's all looking good right now. I'm thinking in another few months, my cash balance from repayments would be over $50, and I can reinvest without putting more money in. Right now I have $250.00 in the Prosper system, but I plan on putting more in until the repayments allow me to bid on a loan every month or so. Even then, I might still keep putting money in so I can continue to increase my cash flow and take advantage of compounding interest.

No comments: