Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Got my stimulus payment!

I got a call from my landlord last night telling me that my stimulus payment from the IRS arrived. So that $600 is here now. I remember saying something along the lines of adding to my Propser.com account to increase my investment income. I just can't remember if I said $50 or $100. My current cash balance in the account is $32 and change, so I think I'll just throw another $50.00 in there for now. Once my cash balance hits $50, I will reinvest that as well. So hoping to have a total of six loans soon. The more loans I have, the higher the portfolio income.

The only hard thing is trying to pick a loan with a high rate with minimal risk of default. I'm a bit impatient with things like this, so my search criteria is usually loans that are already funded with time remaining. I look between credit grades A-C and I read into what they are borrowing for. I check out their Prosper profile too to see what their DTI and other finances look like. It's a bit of work, so I'm off to do that now. And because I have the Proper ad on my Facebook profile, my transfer will be instant. Nice!

No comments: