Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Squidoo

Having this blog is forcing me to review all the sites I have joined over the years. One of them being squidoo. It's a site where you create "lens" on anything you like. The lens are automatically populated with relevant ads, and you can place modules linking to ebay and flickr for more information. So you really don't need to add a lot of content; you're really pulling together content and focusing your "lens" on it. You get paid a portion of the ad revenue based on your ranking and page visits. There's also a cool feature where you can actually donate the earnings to charity.

At the time I signed up for the account, I quickly threw two lenses together and left it at that. Well, since I haven't updated them much or promoted them, they were both marked as "works in progress." Anyway, I went into one of them and updated it a bit to give it some freshness. If you like to check it out see here: http://www.squidoo.com/KiAndAikido

Also, while googling, it turns out there are a lot of blogs out there by people who are either trying to create passive income or lower their debt, which is a great thing. Not only do I get to see what others have done, I feel extra motivation that some people are having moderate success.

No comments: