Friday, January 23, 2009

Google leads tech sector

So after a bit of a loss across the market, Google (GOOG) did as I expected and led the tech sector with an increase of $18.20/share. That's a 5.94% gain. So even though Google posted a first-ever decrease in earnings, they still beat the estimates most analysts had for them. And investors and analysts love it when a company does better than expected. Now, GOOG closed at $324.70. That means they opened around $300/share mark. This made it quite difficult to have made any money on this stock. You would've need $30+K to get 100 shares, which would've grossed $1,820. I don't know about you, but I don't have $30K lying around. Boo. But then again, making $1,820 in a day on this gamble would've been pretty sweet huh?

(Note: I do not own any shares of GOOG. Too rich for me.)

No comments: